Revision as of 06:48, 22 June 2011 by Whot
This page is a list of external applications that can make use of Wacom tablets or TabletPCs under Linux. Please keep this list short and representitive of the best programs in their respective fields.
- GIMP: A freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. Brushes support pressure, tilt, and rotation.
- Inkscape: A vector graphics editor with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X. Calligraphy tool supports pressure and tilt.
- CellWriter: A grid-entry natural handwriting input panel. As you write characters into the cells, your writing is instantly recognized at the character level. When you press Enter on the panel, the input you entered is sent to the currently focused application as if typed on the keyboard. It also toggles to an on-screen keyboard. Also available at 
- Xournal: An application for notetaking, sketching, or keeping a journal using a stylus.
- jarnal: An application for individual or collaborative notetaking, sketching, etc.
Graphical Configuration Tools
- Wacom Control Panel: This utility allows you to automatically detect and configure a wide range of wacom products. Automatically remembers and reapplies settings on startup.
- gnome-control-center: An applet to support tablet configuration from the GNOME control center is under development. See GNOME Bug 640981.
- wacomcpl: A Tcl/Tk-based GUI tool shipped as part of the linuxwacom tarball. It is now unsupported and does not work with xf86-input-wacom. The design of wacomcpl is not suited to hotplugging and it will not be updated. Since wacomcpl does not integrate with any desktop environment, any work on wacomcpl is a dead end. Do not work on wacomcpl, invest your efforts on integrating wacom support in your desktop environment instead.
- wdaemon: A hotplugging daemon for wacom devices.
- Magick Rotation: An application that will help Dell, HP, and Lenovo tablet pc's automatically rotate screen orientation and devices that use the Wacom or evdev drivers.
- xinput_calibrator: A generic touchscreen calibration program for X.Org.
- easystroke: A gesture-recognition application for X11. Gestures can be made to emulate key presses, execute shell commands, hold down modifiers and emulate a scroll wheel.